Blank walls can feel uninspiring but decorations can be expensive! What’s the average college student to do when moving into a new space? Here at Social Print Studio, we believe that printed photos are one of the best and most cost-effective ways to spruce up your surroundings. Photos can serve as both a reminder of home and a celebration of new beginnings. Read on for our top picks to deck out your dorm room that are low-impact- both on your walls and on your budget.
• Our Grid Posters allow for 50 to 200 photos and start at just $30. If you’re going unframed, there are a variety of hanging options, from double-sided tape, to binder clips as shown here, to our Wooden Hangers. Pull images straight from your Instagram or select images from your camera roll or desktop.
• A new school year is a great time for a refresh and our calendars are here to keep you on track. Modern Wall Calendars provide a simple way to enjoy a new photo each month and at just $35, they’re an effective way to get twelve 8.5 x 11 inch photos printed that you can hold onto well after the year is over. Custom start dates allow you to begin your calendar in any month.
• Daily Calendars are a bit more of a splurge at $50, but when you consider that you get 365 photos out of the deal, not bad! These calendars start in the month following when they are ordered so place your order in August to get a school-year calendar. The adorable tearaway block is the perfect addition to a desk area and a great way to highlight all of your favorite memories from the previous year.
• If you’re looking to highlight photos in a larger format, behold our Giant Photostrips! These retro, photobooth-style prints are a great way to make sure your baes get prime placement and come in sets of 2 for $24. The strips are printed on premium photo paper and each photo stands out at 8.5 x 8.5 inches. Photostrips pair nicely with our small Wooden Hangers, but binder clips or tape will do the trick here too! And check out our smaller Photostrips to use as bookmarks, give as gifts, or just because.
• Don’t overthink it! Get a bunch of your favorite images printed on the thick matte cardstock we use for our Classic Prints. Pick up a Magnetic Kit for easy hanging, or DIY your own with string, tape, and thumbtacks. Having trouble filling out a set? Get a few extra to hand out to friends. These prints feel so good in your hands, you may be compelled to share. Sets of 24 start at $15.
Physical photos are a great way to stay connected with the things that are important to you during busy and transitional times in life. More than just making your space look good, photos can make you feel good too. We’re here for that!
On mobile? You can find all of the products mentioned above in our top-rated Print Studio app. On a computer? Head to the Social Print Studio website. New here? Get 10% off your first order and stay in touch with all the SPS happenings by entering your email below.