Brief Rundown: You own your photos. We never rent or sell data to advertisers. And we never share your photos or information beyond what is required to complete your order.
This policy was last updated 2/1/2024
When you make an order with Social Print Studio there is certain information you provide us with to complete your order. This is:
• The name, address, and telephone number in your shipping details.
• The photos you have ordered for printing.
• Your email address and any emails you may have sent to us with product questions.
Additionally, when you make an order on our website, we can access your IP address and anonymized Google analytics information about how you navigate our site which we may use to make our services better.
Your emails, shipping address, telephone numbers, order history, and photos are stored in our Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). This is a widely used and highly regarded storage service with clients like Netflix, Pinterest, and WeTransfer. It uses SSL encryption to secure your data during transmit and stores it on servers that require cutting edge biometric authentication to access. Only a handful of trusted employees of Social Print Studio can access this data.
We store your information so we can complete your order and so we can reprint your order at a future date should you request this service or should your initial order be lost or damaged.
• We store your name, address, email, and telephone number indefinitely.
• We store the photos you uploaded for printing for six months before being automatically deleted.
Within your user account you can update addresses, passwords, and your payment information.
• If you email email@example.com we can delete all information associated with you, including name, address, shipping details, emails, and photos.
• Your photos are automatically deleted after 6 months.
• You can remove your email from our mailing list at any point by unsubscribing.
• If you email firstname.lastname@example.org we can send you all the data we have on you. Bear in mind that photos >6 months old will be gone forever 💔.
• Your payment information is handled by our credit card processor Stripe. We never see your full card details. Stripe is an industry-leading online payment processor and you can read about them and their comprehensive security measures here.
• Your account passwords are fully encrypted. They are not collected or stored.
• We do not collect any photos that you do not select for printing.
• We cannot see the file names of any images you upload to our site, they are converted into numerical values by our system. If you've saved a picture as "futurelover.jpg" or "archnemesis.jpg" and order it for printing, we cannot see this file name - phew!
• We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from those under 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Our site is intended for use by those over 13.
We share your information with the following third parties in order to complete your order:
We never rent or sell your information and photos to any other third parties (e.g. advertisers, data brokers, journalists, external businesses, deities, or disapproving relatives) and we will never otherwise share your data unless required by law or subpoena.
With regard to photo content, we will print what you send us for printing. You are responsible for ensuring that the content of your photos does not violate copyright or transgress laws in your country.
In terms of copyright, when you order photos for printing, this does not affect your ownership of these photos. You still own the copyright to your images and you do not give up any rights over them. Your photos are still your photos, printed or not.
If you use any of our mobile apps (Print Studio, Post, Greetings) in addition to the above, we collect information about what device and operating system you are using in order to better serve you. eg. iPhone 5, iOS 8.
Additionally we may send push notifications through a third-party service called OneSignal. If you’d rather not receive push notifications, you can opt out anytime. There are 3 ways to do so:
• By not giving permission at all when app asks for it
• By going into the settings app on iOS and turning off notifications for our app
• By turning them off from a received notification itself
• When you connect to our app via Instagram through Print Studio, we prioritize your privacy. We do not collect any data about you to send to our server during this process. The sole purpose of this connection is to enable you to view your Instagram photos within our app and select those you wish to print. Only when you choose to print a photo, we will upload the selected images to our server for printing purposes. These images are saved for a period of six months before being automatically deleted. It's important to note that we do not retain any additional data from your Instagram or Meta accounts beyond the selected images for printing.
• The images you select for printing are utilized solely for fulfilling your printing requests. We do not employ your Instagram images for any other purpose than printing them as per your selections. Your privacy and the security of your data are of utmost importance to us, and we strictly adhere to this principle by ensuring that your images are used exclusively for the intended purpose of printing.
Data Deletion Request
• If you wish to have all of your personal data collected by the app deleted, you can easily request this by emailing us at email@example.com. We will promptly address your request and ensure the complete deletion of your personal data from our records, maintaining our commitment to safeguarding your privacy and providing you with control over your data.
There a few things you can opt out of when you order from us:
• We do not automatically sign you up for our marketing emails. We leave it up to you to opt-in by marking the appropriate check box at check out or opting in on our homepage and verification page.
• Unlike a lot of other ecommerce sites, you DO NOT have to create an account to order from Social Print Studio. However, you can share your address and payment information and we’ll save it for your future orders. It makes checking-out that much faster when it’s already on file.
• You are always free to opt out from following us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. should you prefer to do so. (We can still be friends without following each other everywhere.)
• You are always free to unsubscribe from our email newsletters. We won’t take it personally, we promise.
If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to answer any questions you might have.