tldr - You own your photos, we never rent or sell your data to
advertisers, and we never share your photos or information beyond what is
required to complete your order.
This policy was last updated on 5/22/18.
Here at Social Print Studio we are committed to protecting your privacy and data as far as we legally can. We have updated this policy to be compliant with GDPR, a new EU regulation that protects EU citizens' data. We believe that all our customers should have the same rights as EU citizens.
When you make an order with Social Print Studio there is certain information you provide us with to complete your order. This is:
• The name, address, and telephone number in your shipping details.
• The photos you have ordered for printing.
• Your email address and any emails you may have sent to us with product questions.
Additionally, when you make an order on our website, we can access your IP address and anonymized Google analytics information about how you navigate our site which we may use to make our services better.
• Your emails, shipping address, telephone numbers, order history, and photos are stored in our Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). This is a widely used and highly regarded storage service with clients like Netflix, Pinterest, and WeTransfer. It uses SSL encryption to secure your data during transmit and stores it on servers that require cutting edge biometric authentication to access. Only a handful of trusted employees of Social Print Studio can access this data.
We store your information so we can complete your order and so we can reprint your order at a future date should you request this service or should your initial order be lost or damaged.
• We store your name, address, email, and telephone number indefinitely.
• We store the photos you uploaded for printing for six months before being automatically deleted.
Within your user account you can update addresses, passwords, and your payment information.
• If you email firstname.lastname@example.org we can delete all information associated with you, including name, address, shipping details, emails, and photos.
• Your photos are automatically deleted after 6 months.
• You can remove your email from our mailing list at any point by unsubscribing.
• If you email email@example.com we can send you all the data we have on you. Bear in mind that photos >6 months old will be gone forever 💔.
• Your payment information is handled by our credit card processor Stripe. We never see your full card details. Stripe is an industry-leading online payment processor and you can read about them and their comprehensive security measures here.
• Your account passwords are fully encrypted. They are not collected or stored.
• We do not collect any photos that you do not select for printing.
• We cannot see the file names of any images you upload to our site, they are converted into numerical values by our system. If you've saved a picture as "futurelover.jpg" or "archnemesis.jpg" and order it for printing, we cannot see this file name - phew!
• We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from those under 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Our site is intended for use by those over 13.
We share your information with the following third parties in order to complete your order:
We never rent or sell your information and photos to any other third parties (e.g. advertisers, data brokers, journalists, external businesses, deities, your disapproving relatives) and we will never otherwise share your data unless required to by law or subpoena.
We are not a subsidiary or cog in some larger corporate machine that can access your information. We are fiercely independent, always and forever!
• With regard to photo content, we will print what you send us for printing. You are responsible for ensuring that the content of your photos does not violate copyright or transgress laws in your country.
• In terms of copyright, when you order photos for printing, this does not affect your ownership of these photos. You still own the copyright to your images and you do not give up any rights over them. Your photos are still your photos, printed or not.
• If you use any of our mobile apps (Print Studio, Post, Greetings) in addition to the above, we collect information about what device and operating system you are using in order to better serve you. eg. iPhone 5, iOS 8.
• Additionally we may send push notifications, which you can opt out of at any time. Speaking of which...
There a few things you can opt out of when you order from us:
• You do not have to sign up to receive our marketing emails. There is a check box at checkout.
• You do not have to create an account to order, this is only if you want to save your address and payment information for future orders.
• You are always free to opt out from following us on Instagram should this opportunity present itself.
• You are always free to unsubscribe from our email newsletters. We don't want to spam you!
If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We've got your back!